Up to £2,500 towards your gigabit-capable fibre optic broadband or leased line connection
The government has provided a £67 million fund to allow qualifying businesses to claim free installation for gigabit-capable broadband connections, up to £2,500.
How to apply for your Gigabit Broadband Voucher
- Check your business eligibility following our steps below.
- Contact us to discuss the best gigabit broadband options for you or look at our solutions page.
- Once you have chosen a broadband or leased line package we will apply to DCMS (the government Department of Culture Media and Sport who operate the scheme) for your connection voucher.
- Once we’ve submitted your voucher request your local council will review and approve your voucher.
- As soon as your voucher has been approved we will begin work to deliver your gigabit broadband / leased line internet connection. We’ll manage the process all the way and keep the voucher process going. Installation can take as little as 14 days.
- As soon as your connection is ready we’ll notify DCMS, and you will get an email to confirm that it is live. Once you’ve clicked the link in the email that’s it. We claim the voucher and you enjoy your new ultrafast broadband connection.
To order your gigabit capable business internet connection:
Gigabit-capable broadband and your business
Gigabit-capable broadband has the power to transform the way you work. Unlimited, ultrafast download speeds and high or synchronous upload speeds increase the productivity of your team and help to facilitate seamless communications. Broadband is very much the fourth utility, and slow connectivity not only hinders your workflow but can cost you money. With business become increasingly reliant on cloud services, video calling and transferring large files, if you have to think about the speed and reliability of your internet connection, it’s not working for you.
Our gigabit-capable business internet connections, available either as standard broadband or leased lines, give you the flexibility to upgrade your connectivity as you need it. Local support and proactive monitoring make it something you can forget about once installed and get on with what’s important to you.
Do you qualify for a £2,500 installation voucher?
The Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme is designed for small and medium-sized business, and there are a few rules as to who qualifies. The full terms and conditions can be found on the DCMS website, but the key points to qualify are:
- Your businesses balance sheet must be less than €43 million and/or your turnover must be under €50 million.
- That you need to employ less than 249 people.
- That you don’t currently have a gigabit capable internet connection at your premises already. For example, if you already have a leased line, unfortunately, you wouldn’t qualify.
Don’t worry if you don’t qualify, depending on your location we may have other ways of installing your ultrafast or gigabit capable leased line or internet connection free of charge. Call our experts on 01483 892 048 to talk through the options.
Things to look out for
- It’s important that you check our eligibility steps to make sure you qualify. Not all business do.
- You still need to pay the VAT on the connection charge, but you can claim this back so long as your business is VAT registered.
- You will need to keep your new gigabit capable internet connection for at least 12 months after it’s installed.
- The internet connection you order must be for at least 100Mbps or double the speed you are currently getting (whichever is the bigger number).
Voucher scheme FAQs
Below are some of the questions we frequently get asked about the government’s gigabit voucher code scheme. If you have any questions that aren’t listed below call us on 01483 892 048 and we will be happy to help.
No, the money is paid to us as the supplier, but we can only use it to reduce the installation costs of your gigabit capable, full fibre internet connection.
Business voucher codes are worth between £500 to £2,500 pounds. Any cost to install your business broadband between these amounts can be claimed.
The scheme can be used to order gigabit capable home broadband connections in some circumstances. Contact us to find out more.
The government voucher scheme only allows a maximum of £2,500 for each business connection and anything over that you would have to pay for yourself. Depending on your location we may be able to look at using other technology’s and networks to bring this cost down for you. Contact us so that we can help with your business broadband requirements.
Yes! As long as your installation costs more than £500, and less than £2,500 you can claim all of this back using a voucher.
No, the voucher code can only be used for the cost of the installation, and not to cover the monthly broadband charges.
Depending on where you are your gigabit capable business broadband connection can sometimes be installed in as little as 14 days. Contact us to get a better indication of likely connection times for your area.
Depending on your location we might be able to offer you reduced or free of charge installation of your full fibre gigabit capable business broadband connection anyway. Our extensive fibre network between Guildford and Godalming gives us lots of options, and elsewhere our relationships with national carriers sometimes allow us to waive installation fees in exchange for slightly longer contracts. Call us on 01483 892 048 and we’ll see if we can help.
No, the connection you order only has to be 100Mbps or more and be capable of providing Gigabit Internet connectivity in the future if you wanted to upgrade it.
No, the process is fairly straightforward and we will do nearly all the paperwork for you. You will simply have to confirm that your order has been delivered and working once it’s live, by following a link in an email from DCMS.